Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Saying Good-bye to Glenn Frey - Brian Nixon

ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO (ANS – Jan. 19, 2016).

I don’t have many memories of 1977, but I do have one that still resonates with me: hearing the song Hotel California by the rock band, The Eagles. I remember sitting in my father’s house in the desert of Tucson, Arizona, fan rolling on a hot summer day. My father had the radio on. For some reason I also remember hearing Eric Clapton’s version of I Shot The Sheriff during the same time. Two great songs. Now like the composer of the second song, I Shot The Sheriff, Bob Marley, the lyricist of Hotel California has died. Glenn Frey passed away in New York City of rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia while recovering from intestinal surgery. Frey was 67

ASSIST News Service (www.assistnews.net)